During this school assembly tour around the midwestern US states, I took a quick trip to Canada to performing a show…so technically this is an international tour?
I was performing in a variety show with Trevor and Lorena Watters, a baton duo (whose names I forgot) and Michael Dardant
The shows went great, but more importantly, after essentially being by myself for weeks, it was nice to hang out with friends!
Tomorrow I’m back to doing the school assembly, but my emotional battery has been recharged!
A couple of weeks ago I got to do my Polaroid Trick for an in person audience. I did it using video projection and it played well. Here’s what it looked like:
Here’s my notes:
- The lighting needs to be better. It cuts off my face.
- Some light background music would help it.
- 0:26 mark: hold for the laugh a little bit longer
- 1:27 mark: freeze and stop moving during the applause
- 1:47 mark: pause another beat or two between the vanish and reproduction of the picture
- 1:52 mark: applause is starting and I step on it by going to my next line
So what I need to work on is mostly timing things, and letting effects and the reactions “marinade” a bit longer with the audience.