A couple of weeks ago I got to do my Polaroid Trick for an in person audience. I did it using video projection and it played well. Here’s what it looked like:
Here’s my notes:
- The lighting needs to be better. It cuts off my face.
- Some light background music would help it.
- 0:26 mark: hold for the laugh a little bit longer
- 1:27 mark: freeze and stop moving during the applause
- 1:47 mark: pause another beat or two between the vanish and reproduction of the picture
- 1:52 mark: applause is starting and I step on it by going to my next line
So what I need to work on is mostly timing things, and letting effects and the reactions “marinade” a bit longer with the audience.