Yesterday’s blog post had video of me performing the Three Shell Game as a guest on a live stream. What the camera sees is pretty simple, however what’s actually going on behind the scenes is bit more complex.
There’s more going on that just putting a table in front of a camera. In the next picture I’ve circled some of the things that goes into my online appearances:
Here’s what I’m using:
- Purple: iPhone as a camera
- Orange: Microphone
- Yellow: iPad to show the person I’m interacting with
- Green: Laptop which is running my production software
- Blue: Table that’s not visible on camera to hold props
- Red: Working table that will be on camera
I honestly wish doing a live stream bit from home was as simple as opening my laptop and using its built in mic and camera. Instead I need to essentially set up a studio and take it down afterwards. There is a noticeable difference in quality when done this way.